REGISTER FOR REUNION 2012 NOW!
Click here for details and registration form.

27 May 2008

Tribute08: Cliff Chappell's daughter says 'Hello'

I thought I would introduce myself - my name is Charmaine Chappell-Irwin and I am the daughter of the late (Cliff) Clifford Graham Chappell, Service # 42565, rank Gunner in 161 Battery. Cliff enlisted 14 March 1967, and served in Vietnam 28 August 1968 to 29 October 1969.
-----I am attending the weekend along with my 8 year old daughter as I know Dad would have been totally behind the gathering. We are traveling up from Christchurch and have got accommodation at the Copthorne.
-----I put in an application to receive the NZGSM and for presentation to be at Tribute 08. I thought this would be a proud moment for my daughter to receive it. My Dad gave her his other two medals before he passed away and asked her to carry on the family tradition of attendance at ANZAC dawn parade.
-----Sadly Dad passed away March 2004 after a year-long year battle with Bowel, Liver and Lung Cancer. (Yet another victim of Agent Orange.)
-----Cliff was a proud Vet and always participated in reunions and anything to push for acknowledgement. In 94 he visited The Wall c-/ "The Homes" program, leaving his pack. And he was really pleased he attended Parade 98.

Look forward to meeting you.
Regards Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment